Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Videos

We made and edited a 30 second commercial using iMovie! It was definitely a fun experience but I also learned a lot. I had never used iMovie before so I thought it was going to really difficult and I was not looking forward to it at all. After using the program and making our video, however, my thoughts have completely changed. iMovie was a very easy program to use and it is definitely something that I could see myself using in the future whether for my own purposes or in my classroom. The only difficult part I found in the editing of our video was saving it in the correct way so that we could come back and continue editing where we had left off. Obviously this wouldn't be an issue if I were making a video on my own personal computer because then I could save in on my desktop or in a folder and not be afraid to lose my work. Overall I thought this was a fun and interesting assignment.


One way I would be able to incorporate making movies into a lesson is if I had students work in pairs and each pair would do their own science experiment.  The students could make a video of the processes of the experiment and then show the video to the class and further explain how their experiment worked. It would give students an opportunity to be creative and integrate technology into the class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment