Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Podcasts

This class we learned about podcasts and how we could use them in our classrooms to aide in the teaching process. I really enjoyed looking around at all the podcasts that were science based. I found a great group called EcoGeeks that had a lot of podcasts over different topics in science. The video that I watched of theirs in class was over the water cycle and I could definitely see myself using this video in a high school science class. I feel like the kids would be inspired by watching videos of other people learning and teaching science. We also looked at iTunes U during class. Out of the different videos I watched in class I was not especially excited about using them. After hearing what other students in the class found, I think if I just spent more time looking and narrowing my search I could find some good information and good videos that would be helpful for teaching. 

Learning how to make my own podcast was also an awesome experience. I never knew it was so easy and took so little experience with the program. I also didn't know you could add pictures to audio podcasts so that was a fun thing to do! I hope my original podcast turns out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment